Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CopyCat

I saw this on a friend's blog recently and have I mentioned that I love lists? Because I love lists. I also like copying things that I think are cool, albeit they always seem less cool once I get my hands on it. Still, I think that this provides a really awesome structure for slowing down a little bit and really noticing what is happening in your life.

Also, it's like I'm writing a baby book for myself. **Julie never could provide evidence that one of those existed for me, so I'm going to have to take the reigns on this one, apparently.

Right now, these are the things I am

Loving:
1. How quickly the final weeks of this semester are flying by
2. Experiencing God's awesome plans and provisions
3. The colorful pages of InStyle Magazine's spring issues
4. Antique stores
5. The time that Shelby spends at GV
6. Planning outfits for spring
7. Quinoa and roasted veggies
8. Prose poetry
9. Thunder and lightning

Not Loving:
1. How quickly the final weeks of this semester are flying by
2. The fact that my ENTIRE family will be in Florida next weekend, sans Carly (...and Drue, but he's probably warm in Arizona, so I'm counting him too)
3. Gas prices
4. The lack of orange juice in my fridge

Accomplishing:

1. Not freaking out about graduation
2. Making some incredible and unbelievably exciting decisions
3. Final projects
4. Yoga
5. Biting my nails less

Preparing:
1. My heart for what comes next

Forgetting:
1. The constant stream of Spanish homework
2. My vow to go to bed early tonight
3. The list of people who I need to email

Reading:
1. The Screwtape Letters, CS Lewis
2. The House on Mango Street, Sandra Cisneros
3. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
4. Philippians
5. Isaiah 53
6. Forgotten God, Francis Chan

Believing:
1. That God is who He says He is
2. That God can do what He says He can do
3. That I am who God says I am
4. That I can do all things through Him

**I stand corrected. Jewels just came through with the fact that I have not one, but two baby books. Rest assured that my mother was sweet and attentive and lovely and observant during my infancy, childhood, and forever afterward. Sorry for the mix-up, Mama. I never really doubted you ;-)

1 comment:

Jirom Skelli said...

Refreshing post! If I ever become a copycat of your blog, I'd definitely add Jeremiah 29:11.

That's what keeps me going at this time. I'm glad to have come across your blog. Keep writing!