Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh heeeeey....

Hi. My name is Carly...I used to have a blog, I think? I don't really know, anymore -- it all seems like such a distant memory.

Suddenly, though, as I write this, it feels familiar. Yes, I definitely think I have done this before. Why has it been such a long time, you ask? Well, I could give you a plethora of reasons.

1. Spring Break. I went to Knoxville, TN, to work with teenage girls in a state facility. I'm not kidding, and wait until I tell y'all the stories [do you like that? I picked it up while we was in tha South]. They're just too good to be true.

2. I'm in an acting class, have I mentioned? Yes, well, I am and it is the best class ever. I love it. Because of this, I have been spending a lot of time reading plays, memorizing monologues, developing a taste for Shakespeare, embarrassing myself at horrible auditions, flirting with my professor, etc. Just kidding about the professor thing...mostly.

3. Trying to finish school/work/figure out next year. I have two weeks left of my second year of college, which is completely unreal. Consequently, that means that I have two weeks left to finish everything I've been putting off all semester, namely reading any of my linguistics texts and writing a twenty page paper on the Antichrist. Yes. The Antichrist. I think I've been avoiding it, because I have this weird idea in my head that if I write about him, he's going to show up. Illogical, I know...but you know how if you say Beatlejuice's name three times, he's supposed to appear? I understand the fact that I'm being ridiculous, I'm just trying to justify my procrastination.
Also, I've been selected to have a lead position at work next year, meaning I will be part of a team that trains and quasi-manages my co-workers. It's really exciting...you know, good experience and all that jazz.

4. One of my best friends Allison turned twenty, so we were celebrating her all last weekend. At least, Jackie and I were. We happen to love our birthdays more than normal, and we just do not understand those of you who are not divas about it. Therefore, we diva-fy the day FOR our more low-key friends and that way everyone is happy. I'm sure an Allison post is pending. Jackie gets her in 12 days.

5. I have been learning the futility of human planning, but that's another post completely. Let's just say that God has been showing me how silly it is for me to try to make plans for my own life. Consequently, my summer is going to look much different than I expected. As in, unbelievably different. *sigh*

6. Also, God has been showing me how great He is through, once again, my family in Brazil. I had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to see Phil and Rachel, and it was exactly what my soul needed. Truly, it was incredible to see them, talk to them, hear the news from Village, and find out that Rodrigo [have I told you about Rodrigo? Oh, well...that's a story for another time, then] is going to Bible college to become a pastor. I cannot tell you how beautiful that news was for me. Anyway, God is working in Brazil and in my heart, and I am praying for a chance to go back...potentially sooner than I thought.

So you see? I've been very busy and I felt a distinct lack of motivation, although now that I look back, I see I have a lot of catching up to do. I guess I will start that...after I clean my room.

And my Antichrist paper. God help me.

3 comments:

Lucky Girl said...

Okay that was totally unfair. What a tease! You start telling us about all sorts of amazing things going on with you, and then didn't tell us any details.

I want to know EVERYTHING!!
Soon, okay?

Luv ya Gurlikins

Christine Webb said...

Ummm...okay. There's still nothing about me in here, sooo... *yawn*
Lol jk. I'm glad you posted again.

Not Furrow said...

I LOVED #5, funny how that works right??? Thankfully He feels the need for me to keep on trucking on my current path so I won't complain....but I feel for you.

And if Rodrigo hasn't decided on where he's going to college I know the PERFECT place....it's in KY, I was just there, and when I go next year I can say hi to him for you.